An easier way to connect Google Sheets with the OpenAI API without third-party tools like Zapier or Make. This “script” allows instant access to responses from GPT-4 and GPT-3.5 models.
No third-party tools, no subscription, and accessible even with a free Gmail account. And the best thing is, the script keeps running in the background without having to keep the file open.
🎉 Costs $10 (one time)
What can I do with the “script”?
You can bring the power of OpenAI language models (GPT-4 and GPT-3.5) to your Google Sheets file and utilize them to create content for 1000s of rows at once.
Here’s a quick video that shows how powerful this simple script can be:
How to use the “script” inside Google Sheets
As shown in the above video, here are the steps to get the script working:
- Make a copy of the provided Google Sheets file
- Get the OpenAI API from their official website
- Fill up all the required fields in the “Settings” sheet
- Select the appropriate models
- Fill in the “Temperature” and “Max Tokens” options
- Provide data sheet and processing rows-related information
- Navigate to
Extensions > Apps Script
- Select the
callOpenAIfunction in the script, and
- Hit the Run button
Within moments, you will start getting responses from the OpenAI API right inside your Google Sheets.
If this all seems complicated, don’t worry! After you purchase the “script” from Gumroad, you will get a Notion document with even detailed instructions to get everything working.
What people say
1. Does it handle multiple columns of prompt and output?
Yes, the script handles multiple columns of prompts and then gets you the output in their respective specified columns.
Here’s how to do that…
You can specify multiple prompt and their respective output columns separated by commas in the “Settings” sheet; there is absolutely no limit here.
2. Do I need any subscription for this to work?
No, you don’t need any subscriptions for this. The script works well, even with the free Google account.
3. What are the limitations of the “script”?
The free “gmail.com” accounts get timed out in 6 minutes, and paid Google Workspace accounts get timed out in 30 minutes. But you can set triggers so that the script automatically keeps getting triggered and running in the background.
4. Does the script work with the free Google account?
Yes, the script works well with the free Google account, but you will get timed out in 6 minutes. And as you upgrade to the paid Workspace account, the same script will keep running for 30 minutes in one go.
5. Do I have to keep my Google Sheets open to get the output?
No, a trigger can be set so that the script continues to run at regular intervals without you having to open the Google Sheets file and click anything. You will learn more about this after buying the script.
6. Do I need the OpenAI API for this?
7. Does the ChatGPT Plus work with this?
8. Can I get a refund for the script?
No, due to its digital nature, you will not get any refunds after purchasing the product.