🎉 Airtable has made some modifications to their “Scripting” extension, and the script is failing to work, sometimes. But you can get the script for Google Sheets + OpenAI API here.
What can I do with the “script”?
You can bring the power of OpenAI language models (GPT-4 and GPT-3.5) to your Airtable base and utilize them to create content for 1000s of rows at once.
Here’s a quick video that shows how powerful this simple script can be:
How to use the “script” inside Airtable
As shown in the above video, here are the steps to get the script working:
- Open your Airtable base
- Install the “Scripting” extension
- Paste the “script” by deleting the existing code
- Get your OpenAI API from their official website
- Paste the API in the respective input field
- Fill in all the other required details
- Select the OpenAI model – GPT-4 or GPT-3.5, and
- Hit the Run button
Within moments, you will start getting the response from the OpenAI API.
If this all seems complicated, don’t worry! After you purchase the “script” from Gumroad, you will get a Notion document with even detailed instructions to get everything working.
What people say
1. Do I need any subscription for this to work?
No, you don’t need any subscriptions for this. The script works well, even with the free Airtable account.
2. What are the limitations of the “script”?
There are absolutely no limitations on the script. You just need to keep your computer open when you hit “Run”, and it keeps working without getting timed out.
3. Does the script work with the free Airtable account?
Yes, the script works well with the free Airtable account, but you will be limited to 1000 records per base. And as you upgrade your Airtable account, the same script will work for more than 1000 records.
🎉 UPDATE: The “Scripting” Airtable extension is now paid and it doesn’t work with the free version.
4. Does it handle multiple prompt and output columns?
Yes, it is capable of handling almost any number of prompt and output columns. Just separate multiple prompt and output columns by commas when putting in the input fields.
5. Do I need the OpenAI API for this?
6. Does the ChatGPT Plus work with this?
7. Can I get a refund for the script?
No, due to its digital nature, you will not get any refunds after purchasing the product.